Monday, May 27, 2013

Ruh roh! With happy pics!

Ugh....just when we thought we were in the clear...poor Arianna is having problems. Nothing major, I don't think, but still. 

She has been off tylenol for at least a week, but seems to be in a lot of pain whenever she eats.  She only eats barely a half ounce at a time, when she should eat about 2.5+.  I called our pediatric cardiologist Sunday night and they told me to come to ER and he would meet me there. He was mostly worried about her getting dehyrated, nothing related to the surgery (her incision site looks fine). I obviously didn't want to drive all the way to Stanford at 10pm on a holiday weekend, so I promised to wake her up every 2 hours to feed her.   He checked with the attending doctor and agreed.  Well, it was absolutely exhausting, but I was able to feed her a decent amount every two hours.  I talked with the cardiologist on call this morning and she was ok with me not going to the ER.  Once we gave her tylenol, and heated the bottle up, Arianna ate like a champ today.  She literally ate more than double what she ate yesterday.  She apparently likes her bottle HOT! I'm wondering if her throat hurts and the heat warms it so she can swallow. Who knows.  

Well, I called back tonight to give the update and a third cardiologist jumped on the phone and said I should come in anyways! omg, i said no since it's late again and she's doing so much better.  I guess her concern was that Arianna really shouldn't be in any pain this long after the surgery, so there could be something going on.  I told them I'd come first thing in the morning instead and they were ok with that. 

Jeez, this is stressful!! Poor little thing was eating so little and then just screaming and screaming to the point of exhaustion.  I'm so glad we figured out what she wants.  I want to bring her in tomorrow anyways to just make sure everything is ok.  

Here are some pics of our happy girl and her pretty smile!



3 comments:

  1. She is gorgeous Amy! So glad to hear that the surgery went well and she is recovering so fast. We have been thinking about you and praying for your little family. How are the other girls doing? I'm sure you're ready to be home and have life get back to normal for a little while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joy! We are all doing great! A little tired but I think that comes with the territory! The girls absolutely love their new baby. It's hard to keep them off of her! We really appreciate all the prayers. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. How's she doing now Amy? I hope she is not in too much pain. Please let us know when you're back in the area and you can come over for dinner xxx

    ReplyDelete