Thursday, May 16, 2013

Tomorrow's the big day!

Well, it's finally come....Arianna's big surgery is scheduled for tomorrow! She'll be 6 weeks old.  So barring any emergency surgeries that may pop up and bump us, our little peanut will be fixed tomorrow!  We had our pre-op visit yesterday where they told us what to expect.  Basically, they will cut through her sternum and spend 3-4 hours repairing her heart. Her issues are: Dual output right ventricle (DORV), VSD, and pulmanary stenosis.  The most shocking part of it for me is that she will be on heart and lung bypass and that she will have several IV's, most shockingly, in her neck!  I guess it goes directly into her jugular. Just thinking about that makes me want to puke. In addition, she'll have some drainage tubes coming out of her belly and a breathing tube when I see her again.  Luckily, she'll hopefully only be in the hospital for a week after the surgery.

Unfortunetely, we aren't the surgeon's first surgery of the day; we're scheduled for 1pm...surgery start probably around 2-2:30. I'm glad he told us this is about a 3 out of 10 on his level of complexity.

Poor Jesus and I have been feeling kinda depressed the last few days, and today my body just aches. I'm guessing that all the stress we've been feeling inside since we found out about her heart defect is finally coming to a head.

Please pray for us and most of all for precious Arianna. I will update when I can!!





No comments:

Post a Comment